Electricity Data Summary
- Day-Ahead Aggregated Generation (B1430) - 14.1c
- Day-Ahead Generation Forecasts for Wind and Solar (B1440) - 14.1d
- 2-52 Week Ahead Output Usable
- Peak Wind Generation Forecast
- Wind Forecast Out-turn
- 1-5 Year Ahead Output Usable
- Installed Generation Capacity Aggregated (B1410) - 14.1a
- Installed Generation Capacity Per Unit (B1420) - 14.1b
- Actual Generation Output Per Generation Unit (B1610) - 16.1a
- Actual Aggregated Generation Per Type (B1620) - 16.1b
- Daily Energy Transmitted
- Generation By Fuel Type
- Average Half Hourly Interconnector Flows
- Actual Or Estimated Wind And Solar Power Generation (B1630) - 16.1c
- Large Combustion Plant Directive
- GENERATION FORECASTS
BALANCING MECHANISM DATA
- NON BM Instructed Volumes
- Amount Of Balancing Reserves Under Contract (B1720) - 17.1b
- Prices Of Procured Balancing Reserves (B1730) - 17.1c
- Accepted Aggregated Offers (B1740) - 17.1d
- Activated Balancing Energy (B1750) - 17.1e
- Prices Of Activated Balancing Energy (B1760) - 17.1f
- Aggregated Imbalance Volumes (B1780) - 17.1h
- Financial Expenses And Income For Balancing (B1790) -17.1i
- Rules Of Balancing (B1710) - 17.1a
- BALANCING MECHANISM DATA
Balancing Mechanism Reporting Service (BMRS)
This BMRS is the primary channel for providing operational data relating to the GB Electricity Balancing and Settlement arrangements. It is used extensively by market participants to help make trading decisions and understanding market dynamics and acts as a prompt reporting platform as well as a means of accessing historic data. The main data categories of the website are as follows:
Electricity Data Summary: Includes 9 frequently requested reports including System Prices, Generation by Fuel Type and System Demand.
REMIT: Information provided by market participants to comply with Article 4 of Regulation on Wholesale Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (REMIT) Regulation (EU) 1227/2011.
Transparency: Data for the Transparency Regulation (EU) 543/2013 originating from the Transmission company and market participants.
Transmission: Balancing Mechanism data from the Transmission company and data includes System Operator to System Operator Trades (SO-SO), SO-SO Trade Prices and System Warnings.
Generation: Generation data including Wind Forecast Out-turn, Generation Output Useable (forecast) and Generation by Fuel Type (actual).
Demand: Demand data including Demand Day Ahead (forecast), Initial Demand Out-turn (actual) and Peak Demand data.
Balancing: Data includes system prices, Balancing Mechanism Unit (BMU) data such as Final Physical Notification (FPN), Maximum Export/Import Limits (MIL/MEL), Bid Offer data.
Help: Further information for users including site map, glossary of terms and reference documents.
BMRS APIs and Data Push Service
The BMRS APIs and Data Push Service are designed to allow users to access BMRS data automatically. Depending on requirements, users can decide whether to use the API or Data Push services or a combination of the two.
The APIs use a pull mechanism, so are better suited for users needing ad-hoc access to historical information, or those who are interested in specific flows.
The Data Push Service is a new capability that allows the near real-time publishing of information from the BMRS system. This is useful for those who need the latest information from BMRS pushed to their system in near real time. Further details can be found in the BMRS API and Data Push User Guide (see "Related Content").
For any information, please email BSCServiceDesk@cgi.com.
All Intellectual Property Rights in the data and information on this BMRS Website ("data") are owned pursuant to and in accordance with the terms of the Balancing and Settlement Code ("BSC"). The data shall not be used or reproduced except with the prior written consent of the owner of such data. For the avoidance of doubt, all Intellectual Property Rights in all data shall be the property of and vest in ELEXON Limited and shall not be used or reproduced except with the prior written consent of ELEXON Limited. ELEXON Limited does not and shall not be deemed to warrant or guarantee or make any representation (in each case, whether expressly or impliedly) as to the title, completeness, accuracy, reliability, freeness from error, method of preparation, merchantability or fitness for the purpose or for any particular purpose (whether or not any such purpose has been notified to ELEXON Limited) of the data nor as to the availability or continued availability of the BMRS Website (or any part thereof) or that access to it will be uninterrupted. Users of the BMRS Website shall in addition accept that the data is indicative data only. Users of this site interested in exploiting or modifying any data herein must contact ELEXON Limited via the BSC Service Desk at BSCServiceDesk@cgi.com.
ELEXON Limited, Registered office 4th floor, 350 Euston Road London NW1 3AW, Registered No. 3782949 Registered in England and Wales